TFC Mad Mondays – Downtown Dolphin
July 4 @ 7:20 pm - 8:20 pm
Racers will score points in all categories with a maximum of 100 points awarded for 1st place down to 2 points for 54th place. All racers who finish the race will be awarded 2 point. Points will be allocated to each rider based on the ZwiftPower Category they were in at the start of each race. Points will be allocated by place as follows: 100, 90, 85, 80, 75, 70, 65, 60, 58, 56 …[2 points less per place down to 20th]… 36, 35, 34, …[1 point less per place down to 54th]. Any rider coming in >54th place will still earn 2 point for each race.
For this series – 7 of the 9 races to count which we hope will make the overall competition more interesting based on choosing some races that suit you but also give people the flexibility to miss a couple based on holidays and so on.
Bonus points: Each week there will be up to 60 bonus points available as laid out in the table above. We are now scoring the bonus segments based on first over the line as we feel this is the fairest way to do it and more consistent with how most racing is done. In order to ensure that all races have the same points available – some segments will score double points – for these just take the below and multiple by 2…
1st: 20 points
2nd: 17 points
3rd: 15 points
4th: 13 points
5th: 11 points
6th: 9 points
7th: 7 points
8th: 5 points
9th: 3 points
10th: 1 point
If the bonus points lead to you being one of the highest 5 scoring members (depending on how many racers will count in a given race) in that race then the bonus points will also count towards the overall team competition as well.
The top 4 riders in each team score the Top Points – each rider beyond the top 4 will count as 2 point towards the team competition. Points in all Categories will be awarded per rider consistent with the individual scoring laid out above. All races will count towards the team competition.
Additionally, there is a restriction on the number of riders that will contribute to the team score per category depending on overall number of team people racing in each category.
- Less than 11 finishers: 1 rider
- 11-20 finishers: 2 riders
- 21-30 finishers: 3 riders
- 31 riders or more: 4 riders
- Zwiftpower Category enforcement will be in force.
- Riders who have not completed the Zwiftpower registration will be removed from the results.
- All Racers MUST have a valid Height and Weight entered in to their Zwift settings. Racers with 0 or the default, will be disqualified.
- Racers who enter a category lower than the one on their Zwiftpower profile will be disqualified from the results. It is the riders responsibility to check that they have entered the correct category.
- Zwiftpower category upgraded riders must race in the higher category for the next event.
- All racers must wear HRM and the data must be visible in Zwiftpower. In the event of HRM failure during the race, Team TFC must be contacted immediately the race has finished.
- Z-power racers will be removed from the results.
- TFC Mad Monday Anti-sandbagging rule: At the race organisers discretion if we see riders consistently podiuming or winning races in their category (B, C and D) ahead of the start of a Mad Monday series we reserve the right to upgrade that rider. This is independent of what Zwiftpower says the riders category is and will be following a thorough and expansive review of rider data. We believe this will impact a very small minority of racers but should significantly improve the quality of racing for those honestly racing to their full potential. In our view – if you have consistently won 5-10 races in a category well it’s time to keep getting faster and go and try the next category. At the end of the day you’re only holding yourself back and we want everyone to get faster.